Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Elevator pitch

 

MY HOBBY – ELEVATOR PITCH

Your challenge

Imagine you are in an elevator with someone who knows nothing about you. You have 30 seconds to tell them about your favourite hobby and make them interested in it!



Include these 5 things:

  1. Introduce your hobby
    • What is your hobby?
    • When did you start? (Use Past Simple or Present Perfect)
  2. Explain what you do (Use Present Simple and frequency adverbs)
    • What do you usually do?
    • Where and when do you do it?
  3. Say why you like it (Use Present Simple)
    • Why is it interesting or fun?
    • How does it make you feel?
  4. Give some details (Use Present Simple and frequency adverbs)
    • Who do you do it with?
    • How often do you do it?
    • What do you need?
  5. Finish with a recommendation (Use modal verbs)
    • Why should other people try it?
    • Give a final interesting or funny fact!

Some useful expressions

Starting

  • My favourite hobby is...
  • I’m really interested in...
  • I'm keen on
  • I'm crazy about

Giving reasons

  • I like it because...
  • I think it’s fun/exciting/relaxing...
  • It makes me feel...

Finishing

  • I really recommend it because...
  • You should try it!
  • Why don't you give it a try?

⭐ Remember!

  • Speak for 30 seconds
  • Don't read your presentation.
  • Look at your audience.
  • Speak clearly and not too fast.
  • Use adjectives to make your pitch interesting.
  • Try to convince your classmates to try your hobby!



No comments:

Post a Comment